Friday, September 2, 2011

Norwegian(s) in india

Figuring out Indian living - one day at a time 
After being in India for over a month I've started to settle in. Every day I learn and figure out new things big and small; such as where to buy white cheese, where to buy chicken to cook, how to get a hotplate stove, where to get drinking water, how much you should actually pay the autodriver to get to work, what food to bring for lunch to share and where to buy the much needed additional fan because I underestimated the September heat, among other things. 

My parents arrived this week and brought Norwegian brown cheese and Norwegian Milkchocolate. Naaam, I'm on a pink cloud right now. It was like a little piece of Norway was brought to me. After having lived alone for a month it is nice to have some company at the flat and it's so good to see my parents again after more than six months. I guess it's a part of growing up and wanting to live and work abroad - you cannot see your loved ones every day. Therefore I am really going to enjoy having them here with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment