Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sporadic Protests Around Delhi

Protests of Delhi expands? 
Chanting of slogans and waving of the Indian flag.
This morning started off with a protest driving peacefully right by my flat. Over ten men, sitting in and on cars along with motorbikes were driving slowly down the street, chanting slogans and waving the Indian flag. One of the posters stated " we cannot be safe if...", I could not catch the last phrase. Later in the day, I again met a protest, with about five-six men waving big Indian flags while chanting political slogans. The third time I did not see them, but I could hear the protest down the trafficked road, but the autorickshaw I was in went the opposite direction. Therefore I do not have any specific number of how many attended. However, it sounded like it was more than in the morning and afternoon together.

It will be interesting to see how this develops, as this was the first day I have seen any of the protest myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment