Thursday, September 22, 2011

What Makes Me Smile in India

Often when living in a developing country like India you feel surrounded by terrible and devastating images and experiences. Often, these experiences are most shared. Now, I'll share some of the things that makes me smile.

Among the things that makes me love living in India are all the colors! It is very colorful, with orange, pink, bright green, deep blues, yellow, red and purples. The people dressed in colors of the rainbow makes me smile.

One day driving up a hill on the highway, I saw an auto-rickshaw driver pushing a transportation bike rickshaw- the biker was just spinning forward without having to work. Great teamwork.

A young street girl child hugged me on the street, out of the blue. It made me smile, but it was also very sad...


Playing with the kids at work.

The Traffic

When you smile at someone and they smile back

Random kids trying to speak English with me on the street

Eating Chocolate

When the auto-rickshaw driver that drives me to work every morning sings happily while driving

Sitting on the Balcony looking at the people, seeing new things every day.

Learning new things

Skype Dates

Getting used to that we share our food during lunch time - it's almost like a feast,

Maybe what makes you smile right now, is that photo of myself  I included...

Everyone can make a difference - it all starts with a simple smile.

Pass the Peace.





1 comment:

  1. Lovely pic! Smile everyday and take care in India!
    Lizzie (smile)

    ReplyDelete