Monday, September 12, 2011

Agra - Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal, photo by author.


This weekend was filled with memorable experiences.

Friday I went back to the train station after work, because my plan to go in the morning was defeated by a flood outside my flat. Back at the train station to reserve tickets from Agra, I told the seller that I only needed tickets back, because I will just get an unreserved ticket in the morning. He looked at me curiously, asking; Are you going all by yourself? I said, yes, I'm meeting my parents in Agra. For some reason he suddenly became more willing to get me on a train with a reserved ticket. I really appreciate his efforts as I reached Agra Saturday morning after three hours on the train, having passed over 30 people finishing their private morning rituals on the train tracks.

Agra itself was a charming place; with donkeys, camels, buffalos, holy cows and monkeys.



Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal was build because of love.  
It's very beautiful and peaceful there. 




These children just ran in-front of my camera because they wanted their photo taken! It was a lot of fun.
All photos by author.

Pass the Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment