Wednesday, August 10, 2011

India- time flies with so little time to blog.

India Time. 
- Perhaps I'm already living the so called 'indian time', or so it might seem with my irregularity in blog posting.
India truly is a very interesting place. And it's true, a auto-rickshaw driver can make or break your day, but if he does break it, there's always something to see that brights up the day (such as the pink walls in the flat) 

A lot of things have happened since I wrote,
and that's why it's been so long since I blogged really. Here's a short update about what I have done in India so far.
I moved into a flat, started work, found furniture, met people, started to learn how to navigate autorickshaw drivers, getting and then loosing the internet and then getting it again, smiled, eating Nutella, visited many markets, enjoying the view from the balcony, visited a temple and observed a Ramadan fasting ritual.

The flat I've moved into is adorable and happy with bright deep pink on two of the walls in the living room, which I love. There's also a balcony and a rooftop. Did I mention a kitchen and somewhere to sleep? I'm no longer living from a suitcase!

I started my Princeton-in-Asia Fellowship at Naz Foundation earlier this week. I'm really excited to about it!
"HIV/AIDS are complex issues that affect all our lives whatever the gender, class, caste, religion, sexuality and sexual orientation. We at Naz India are committed to raising awareness to prevent the spread of HIV and providing support to those living with the virus and those affected by it, with sensitivity and utmost confidentiality." - Naz Foundation Mission Statement 

No comments:

Post a Comment