Saturday, July 23, 2011

Let's Stand Together in Solidarity

I'm getting ready to say my 'see you again' Bangladesh, as I'm traveling to India tomorrow. My plan was to share my reflections of my experience of Bangladesh, a country where I've learned and seen so much, but instead my thoughts go to Norway. The worst catostraphy beyond what I could've ever imagine, has happened in Norway, my home country. A bomb blast in the capital city, Oslo, and then a gun attack killing over 90 people on a Labour Party Youth Camp on Utøya. I'm shocked.

One reflection I will share though is, wherever you travel or go in the world, people are good. Perhaps we have different cultures, religions, political ideologies, but on the bottom we are all human beings. With the same worth and a smile means the same in every country. A laugh means the same nomatter where you are in the world.  We are the same, we have brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers. We all have someone we care about, and that cares about us. So, nomatter where we are from or where we are; let us respect and appreciate one another. Learn from one another. There are few things more wonderful than learning and expanding one's world views with the help of others. Learn from other individuals, within your own country, and outside of it. An expanded world view, is also a mind of tolerance of other ways of living.

I'm in Asia, but my heart and mind is in Norway.




No comments:

Post a Comment