Saturday, July 16, 2011

Animals in Streets of Dhaka


Animals Add Flavor and Unique Colors to Dhaka Experience

Cows on the sidewalk of busy street in Dhaka.

Animals in the streets of Dhaka. 
Everyday when I walk or travel anywhere I see animals either walking, standing or eating on or close to the streets. The first time I saw a goat in the city I was surprised, as I have never seen life-stock in the middle of a big city before. The goat was just wandering around in the city, as if it was its natural habitat. Over the past four weeks I have become more used to seeing goats and cows in the city. 

Goats in Streets of Dhaka
A cow close to where I live in Dhaka City.




















Small Farm; animals eating in Dhaka 
Close to where I'm staying, there is a small farm, with goats and cows eating grass. I wonder if it's people that come from rural areas to the city that bring their animals with them, or if it is a common thing to have life-stock in the city? Whichever it is,  I do enjoy seeing animals running around, because even if I find it to be peculiar that animals are in the middle of a city, does not mean it's wrong; it's just different from what I'm used to. I think that's very important to keep in mind when traveling and living abroad. 

No matter how different things are, it's not wrong, it simply is just different. And it just makes the experience so much more interesting and colorful

Goats close to where I live. 
Cow close to where I live.





No comments:

Post a Comment