Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks Thanks, a thousand thank you

Thanksgiving became a part of my life when I first went abroad to the USA at 17. The celebration is probably one that I'm very grateful to include in my own traditions. Taking time to reflect on life and why to be grateful and thankful is very important, and should of course be done more often than only on this Thursday in late November.

I'm grateful for... 
food and clean water.
All the wonderful people in my life
The things Delhi has taught me
that I can dance in my living room to any type of music whenever I want
The things the US has taught me
The people who have opened my eyes
Learning different ways to see the world
How colorful it is in India
Everything growing up in Norway has taught me
That every interaction with another human being has an impact
That I have the opportunity to do what I do every day
Having a Balcony
Letters in the mail
Seeing flying kites every once in a while
Living by a market
Caring people 
Smiles
Skype
That I can see the good in things 
Elephants
That I've learned to read and write.

The list goes on and on and on.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very grateful for all the wonderful people in my life! I'm so grateful that I live in Delhi, a city that have taught me so much. I'm grateful I've lived in the US where I made great friends. I'm incredibly thankful for all my loved ones in Norway, and everywhere else in the world. I'm grateful that I get to do what I do every day - I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment