Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to Across Places- Pass the Peace

Welcome to my blog Across Places - Pass the Peace. The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences traveling, studying and working abroad. I believe that the first step to understand complex issues and the best approach to solving them is to learn about the culture and society through experience. My hope behind this blog is that it can provide you with insights into cultures you have never lived in. Perhaps even a better understanding of the social issues a country is facing and what is done to improve it.. Or even what you as an individual can do to Pass the Peace - make a difference.

As I'm writing this I'm in Bangladesh on a field study learning about Microfinance Institutions and Poverty. This blog will give you an insight into how it is to work and learn abroad, in jobs that has to do with the betterment of human beings, such as development. My insight into this is not the only one, and I can certainly not give you the whole picture on this topic. But I will give you my own insights and perspectives that is be based on my own experiences living and working in a foreign country. It's important that you realize that the written work here is based on my experiences and will be affected by that, as well as my perspectives and reflection on what I see and live which is influenced by my background. The blog will be written in a simple form influenced by anthropological ethnography and journalism.

Posting Schedule:
When I'm in Bangladesh there is no posting schedule as my internet access will vary. Once I move to India I will develop a posting schedule and share it with you.

Please share your comments and own insights.

Pass the Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment